August 8, 2020 from 10:30am – 1:30pm EDT
One of the first things individuals and couples dealing with sexual addiction need is information. They want to understand what is happening and what to do about it.
The addicted person is seeking to understand why they do the things they do and why, despite often making great efforts they have been unable to stop. How does the process of recovery work and how is that different form all the ‘willpower’ based attempts they have made in the past?
Betrayed partners have similar questions. Is this really an addiction? What does that mean? What is driving these behaviors? What does recovery look like? Is long-term sobriety possible? Can our relationship survive this?
Both individuals are, at the core, asking the same very important question.
Is There Hope?
The Foundations for Recovery: Understanding Sexual Compulsivity Workshop is designed to satisfy the urgent need for information that individuals and couples dealing with sexual addiction have and to lay the groundwork for successful recovery.
Please join us Saturday August 8, 2020 from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm Eastern for the Foundations for Recovery: Understanding Sexual Compulsivity online workshop!
During this workshop we will…
- Define sexual addiction and compulsivity.
- Explore the three systems that drive compulsive sexual behavior: the brain (neurochemistry), the emotions (affect regulation), and our ability to securely connect to others (attachment).
- Identify the thought distortions and self-manipulation that create the ‘double life’ of the cheating partner and are the origin of gaslighting behaviors.
- Understand how to establish sexual sobriety and identify sexual health goals.
- Identify key steps and stages in the recovery process.
Who Should Attend this Workshop?
- Individuals struggling with compulsive sexual behavior who need information and support to transform their understanding and provide a clear roadmap to healing.
- Partners of those struggling with compulsive sexual behavior who need clarity and a thorough understanding of what is driving the cheating partners behaviors and what the path of recovery looks like.
- Therapists, pastors, friends and family members who are working with or supporting those impacted by sexually compulsive behavior.
Cost is $99 per person and the workshop will be presented live. You will receive a link to the workshop and workshop slides the day before the workshop.