I recently joined Geoff Steurer, LMFT to discuss the importance of creating space for our feelings.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why emotions matter to our individual and relationship wellbeing
- Differences between how men and women are socialized to deal with feelings
- How our family patterns impact the way we deal with emotions
- Why too much emotion is often viewed as dangerous
- What we can do with ourselves, our partners, and our families to create more space for feelings
- How we can gather more support from others for allowing feelings
Give it a listen!
About the Author:
Michelle Mays, LPC, CSAT-S is the Founder of PartnerHope.com and the Center for Relational Recovery, an outpatient treatment center located in Northern Virginia. She has helped hundreds of betrayed partners and sexually addicted clients transform their lives and relationships. Michelle is the author of The Aftermath of Betrayal and When It All Breaks Bad and leads the field in identifying and crafting effective treatment strategies for betrayed partners.
Braving Hope is a ground-breaking coaching intensive for betrayed partners around the world. Working with Michelle will help you to move out of the devastation of betrayal, relieve your trauma symptoms and reclaim your life.