Now Enrolling for Our Next Group:
January 17 – May 2, 2022 | Mondays, 6:00 – 8:00 pm Eastern
*No meeting on Valentine’s Day
Foundations for Recovery is a 15-week online psycho-educational group designed to create a solid foundation for successful long-term recovery for those dealing with sexually compulsive behaviors.
The Foundations for Recovery Group provides a proven route to successful long-term recovery.
During this group members will…
- Identify the distorted thought patterns and beliefs that block healing and connection with one’s core self.
- Map out the pattern/cycle of compulsive sexual behaviors and learn how and when to intervene to rescue themselves out of the cycle.
- Define sexual sobriety for themselves and create an effective relapse prevention plan.
- Explore the changes in brain chemistry that drive craving, withdrawal and relapse and learn how to intervene.
- Explore your arousal template to understand the significance of the sexual behaviors as they relate to your deeper emotional and attachment-based needs.
- Learn how to create and utilize relationships to build a community of support for your recovery.
This group IS ideal for you if…
- You have recently identified as a sex addict or someone dealing with out-of-control or compulsive sexual behaviors.
- You have not yet completed the initial tasks of recovery that create the foundation for long-term success.
- You need immediate support and direction to help establish and maintain sexual sobriety.
- You have been isolated, trying to deal with the problem by yourself and you need support from others who understand your struggle.
- You need help and support dealing with the fall-out from your behaviors in your relationship with your partner, family or others.
- You have been dealing with ongoing slips or relapses and need to re-establish a solid foundation for recovery.
This group is NOT ideal for you if…
- You are further down the road in recovery, have established some good sobriety and are ready to deal with the dynamics underlying the addiction. (Congratulations! You need something different than this group!)
- You are only doing the group to appease your spouse, boss, the legal system etc., but are not committed to your own healing.
- You have not yet watched the Foundations for Recovery Workshop. (Completion of the Foundations Workshop a pre-requisite for the Foundations Group as it provides a wealth of educational information that you will need to complete the group homework and participate effectively. Click here to watch the workshop.)
- You do not have at least 2 hours per week outside of group to complete homework and reading.
- You are unable to attend at least 13 of the 15 sessions. (*Please note that the investment includes 15 weeks, regardless of how many sessions you ultimately attend.)
- You do not have reliable internet access that will allow you to attend meetings via Zoom. (*Due to the educational nature of the group and the need to review homework and documents together, accessing the meeting via phone is not an effective option. Please access the group meeting via computer or tablet.)
Facilitated by Aja Murillo MSW, ASAT
Aja Murillo earned her Masters and Bachelors of Social Work from Hawaii Pacific University and is a Supervisee in Social Work at the Center for Relational Recovery and a Recovery Coach at PartnerHope. Aja specializes in working with betrayal trauma, sexual and relationship addictions/dysfunctions, and childhood trauma issues. Her experience also includes working with Active-Duty Military and their Dependents, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), survivors’ guilt, sexual assault and abuse, and alcohol and substance abuse in all stages of recovery.Aja is a certified Associate Sex Addiction therapist and trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Aja is also a member of the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals, National Association of Social Workers, Phi Alpha Honor Society, and the Hawaiian Islands Group Psychotherapy Society.